Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or community is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of water, food and other essentials in the case of emergencies. Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is important to have a plan in place so your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form