Would you and your children know what to do in case your home is affected by flood, fire, storm or other disaster? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency happens, there is a great chance you will not all be together. This is why making a family plan now is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatecreated to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other necessary items in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form